Table of Contents
Overview of JGMaker G6 Printer
Jgmaker G6 is the thrid resin printer which JGMaker made available in the market after G3 and G5, as we know large building volume printing on a large lcd machine has been a clear trends. In an already crowded market of budget LCD printers, there are only a few ways to stand out: resolution, print speed, and print size. With Jgmaker G6, it delivers a printer with a build area that is just over two-and-a-half times the size of the G3, it features a 8.9 inch monochrome LCD that promises blisteringly fast layer cure times. Anyway, Let’s see what is the difference compared to others.
Overall Score ( ★4.3 )
Specification of G6 3D Printer
- Building Volume192*120*260mm
- X/Y Resolution3840*2400 (4K)
- Z-axis Resolution25μm
- Printing Speed60mm/h
- Supported Resin405nm photosensitive resin
- Light SourceUV integrated light (405nm wavelength)
- Supported OSWindows7/Windows8/ Windows10 (64 bit)
- Rated Power140W
- Supported File TypesSTL、CTB
- Control Panel4.3”touch screen
Dimension and Weight
- Product Weight11.5kg
- Printer Size280*248*510mm
- Package Weight15kg
- Package Size365*340*605mm
Unbox & Assembly of G6 Printer
JGMaker released a video in their social media that shows their G6 being dropped several times for a testing purposes. That alone proves that they are confident with their packaging. Moving on, the printer is well packed, and has a proper placement of foam cushions. Well, showing a video of passing the drop test says it all! Assembly wise, there is no need for special instructions compared to an FDM printer. Machine is composed of the body and cover.
JG Maker is a step-up game for resin printers. Most users are accustomed to other brands like Anycubic Photon, etc. The main difference with G6 is that it has a bigger volume and it uses 4K resolution laser technology, and also print platform.
- 4K resolution:This machine has a double resolution size compared to the usual resin printers in the market. Meaning, it can print with higher precision on small details of the 3D File.
- Monochrome LCD screen :requires shorter layer exposure time with higher printing speed, ensures higher precision up to 0.05mm, delivers visible details.
- Perforated print platform: This might be the first one to use such print platform, it helps with the adhesion of print, resin drips, etc.
- Resin level detect: equipped with a level sensor on the side of the vat. The G6 is capable of detecting levels of resin for your on going print. It will help you know if the volume is sufficient for the print.
- Dual Z linear rail guide: a feature that makes printing and z movement stable to its smallest resolution.
- Matrix UV light:High quality quartz lamp bead and matrix design for uniform UV light energy
- Dual air filters: it equipped with activated carbon gauzes to filter out mote all-round.
Below are actual screen-captured images of the menu screen. Basically, resin printers have virtually the same menu/controls for such functions like exposure test, etc.
Boot screen (upon boot up)
JGMAKER G6 having a 4k resolution yielded a good print out of the box. It was as well leveled upon delivery, making it a plug and play machine. Images of the first print are attached in this article.
- Fast printing speed with monochrome screen
- The price is relatively afforadable
- Big print volume especial the height is larger than other brand.
- Good out of the box print quality
- Resin level sensor can detect shortage when resin running out
- Robust mechanical design
- The platform is relatively easy to level
- Active online community that always give you support when you need help
- Perforated print platform that will increase the adhesion of model
- User friendly touch screen that is easy to operate
- Cover is a standard design, Better if it has a hinged cover for easy removal.
- Maintenance is a bit headache when cleaning perforated platform
If you compared machine to Elegoo Saturn, the price of G6 is a a bit higher than it, but if has higher build volume with resin dector etc, you pay what you get. Overall, JG Maker G6 is a LCD printer for beginers to pros, as the advantages of having one outweighs the disadvantages. The print volume alone makes it a must to have printer to your printer farm, or if you are planning to start on using resin printers.